Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Room by Emma Donoghue

I really wish I had written this review right after I read this novel, but seeing as that did not happen, I will do my best to express my immense love for Emma Donoghue's work of art. First off, it is written in the first-person perspective of Jack, a five year old who is the product of his mother's kidnapper and rapist. He lives in Room with his mother and has never even seen the outdoors. He believes that Room, and all of the things in it, are all that there is of the world.
This novel is fascinating and compelling. Once you pick it up, you won't be able to put it down. And when it is over, you will have developed a new pair of eyes through which you view the world. This is both a beautiful work of fiction while also being a psychological thriller. It also exemplifies the love that a mother should have for her child.
Simply put - it's BEAUTIFUL.

Check out the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment